"Don't Want to Pack it and Move it" Food Challenge - Week #3


A few weeks ago I started a "don't want to pack it and move it" food challenge to use up items in my pantry and two freezers. It really will make the move easier if I don't have to try and transport boxes of canned goods and freezer items the 5 hour trip. My plan for last week kind of fell apart in the busyness of the week. But this week is quieter and we aren't going out of town so I should be able to stick with the menu.

Here is the plan. Everyone is on their own for breakfast and I'm making homemade granola to have on hand. Lunch is either leftovers or sandwiches. I am going to have to go grocery shopping later in the week for a few essentials we don't have.


I'm crossing things off my pantry and freezer list HERE as I use them.


Monday

Dinner - Fettuccini with bacon, onions, garlic, diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese, Tossed salad.

Tuesday (Dan & I will be out with our church board for dinner; making this for the kids)

Dinner - Chicken tacos, Tossed salad

Wednesday

Dinner - pulled chicken with homemade barbecue sauce on homemade buns, tossed salad

Thursday

Pork chops
Mashed potatoes
Green beans


Friday
Chicken soup with fennel and leeks
Homemade bread

Saturday (moving Stephen into his apartment so who knows! I'm thinking take-out)


Sunday

Spaghetti with meat sauce (will have to buy ground beef), homemade Italian bread, tossed salad

That's it and will require some creative stretching on my part.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live