"Don't Want to Pack it and Move it" Food Challenge - Week #4

 

I'm coming to the end of my food challenge and it's getting to be more of a stretch as I'm down to the bare minimum. I did buy meat this past week, and tomorrow I'm going shopping for Christmas eve and Christmas day. I will continue to fill in with items from the freezer and pantry. It's definitely looking bare which was the goal!

My Christmas eve and Christmas day menu is centered around some of the items I still have. I'm crossing them off here as I use them. 

Here is the plan for this coming week:

Breakfasts - cereal, eggs, whatever
Lunch - Sandwiches, leftovers

Monday
Dinner - Will pick up something at the store when we shop tomorrow.

Tuesday- Christmas Eve
Finger foods - Shrimp with cocktail sauce, cocktail meatballs, bruschetta with capers and black olives on toasted homemade baguettes, stuffed grape leaves, cheese & crackers, veggie platter with homemade hummus, Christmas cookies, eggnog

Wednesday - Christmas Day
Christmas breakfast - French toast with homemade challah, sausage
Christmas dinner - Lasagna, Tossed salad, Homemade focaccia bread, blueberry cheesecake, sparkling cider

Thursday
Dinner - Dan & I out for dinner, Emily & Nate will probably do take-out.

Friday
Dinner - Homemade pizza - pepperoni on one, goat cheese, Kalamata olives, spinach on the other (I've had this on the menu for the past 3 weeks and maybe it'll happen this week), tossed salad

Saturday
Dinner - Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, homemade biscuits

Sunday
Dinner - stir fry with pork and veggies, rice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live