Multitude Monday


I haven't done a Multitude Monday post in a while and thought it was a good time to do so. It's been a long month and here in NY the shut-down has been extended another 30 days through May 15th. For this extrovert it's rough not being around people and it's very easy to start spiraling downward.

But there are so many things I can be thankful for and in the grand scheme of life this really is personally a small bump in the road.

This week I'm thankful for the blessings #3,761 - 3,773


3761. Sunshine and pleasant weather. Other than a brief three day period of snow, the weather has been really nice. Spring is in the air!

3762. The ability to get out and walk. For the first time in 20+ years we live in a neighborhood where we can just walk right out our front door and exercise without worrying about cars. It's been wonderful to get some exercise and see the neighbors from a safe distance.


3763. This little guy was in my office at the church the other day. He startled me but was so cute! I managed to get him in a garbage can and outdoors but I'm fairly certain mom and dad are still in the ceiling above me because I hear scrambling up there. 


3764. It's been hard to be motivated to cook lately but I'm thankful that I've been able to make some delicious meals despite the feeling of lethargy. 

Mexican Macaroni & Cheese

Pirogies with cabbage, onions and apples

3765. Easter prep was a lot of work now that we are doing everything online and that seemed to be all I was doing last week. I'm thankful that it was an easier week.

3766. I started making masks this past week since we are now required to wear them here in NY whenever we go out in public. I was able to make some for friends who needed them as well. 


3767. Nathan was able to get full-time hours at the grocery store he works at after years of trying. Other than being exposed to the public and who knows how many germs, he is really enjoying it.

3768. Emily got hired by the same grocery store chain that Nathan works at and I'm thankful that she was able to get a source of income.

3769. Dan and Stephen dropped off masks to Dan's parents yesterday. They don't really have them sitting on their face correctly (not supposed to cover their eyes - lol) but they are so cute! I'm glad Dan got to see them from a distance. His parents are very social and they are feeling so very lonely at the moment.


3770. I'm thankful that even though we have been only able to do online services for the past month that we are finding ways to keep our people connected.

3771. I'm thankful for the technology that's available to us at this time that helps us stay in touch with one another.

3772. Stephen has been staying here with us for the past month. He's social and it's been better for his mental health to be here and have things to do. And it's been a very good month. I'm amazed at how well he is handling all this, given his anxiety and depression. It's been enjoyable having him here.

3773. I'm thankful that we do have the church to go to each day. It gives a change of scenery and a quiet place to work.

So while it's not an easy time right now, there is much for which to be thankful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live