Turn up the Music and Jam









Each Saturday I make my way to the local Farmer's Market in the middle of the small city we live in. It's been a great market to participate in. They are well organized and friendly, it's very well attended, I sell well there, and have been able to meet many nice people. The best part is getting to see different ones from church each week. 

Participating in it though does take up a good chunk of time each week in preparation. We are on vacation this week, but I still need to work to get ready for Saturday. So after spending Monday and Tuesday out and hiking, yesterday was spent shopping and making jam.

I was able to make Queen Anne's Lace jelly which is a light and delicate floral lemon-flavored jelly from the flowers of the Queen Anne's Lace plant. I also made mango, sweet cherry and blueberry is on the schedule for today.

I found a very neat restaurant supply store and was able to pick up a 5 lb. tub of baking powder and a 2 lb. container of cream of tartar, as well as a few other things. I do a lot of baking each week and it's helpful to get these expensive things at a lower cost and in large quantities.

Emily has an appointment this afternoon for an internship and Dan is going to take her while I stay home to start baking. Today's plan is cookies. Tomorrow Dan is off to play golf with his brother and sister while I start the bread and scones for the market.

In between all of this I've been busy sewing. I have 2 aprons and a handkerchief satchel to make for orders. Then I've also been working on masks. I cut out fabric for 40 and have been working on a few each day. I have 6 to go and then I'm done with those.

Summer and fall are the busiest with this type of business but I enjoy it. This week has been nice because normally I'm fitting church work and district ministry work in there as well. So this week I've only had the business to work on in between hiking adventures.

I need to get started on my day. I'm going to turn up the music and jam!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live