Snapshots from Around the House


I've spent the majority of this week working on ministry items which included participating in an online conference. So needless to say, I'm a little tired of staring at a screen. 

I have multiple projects that need to get done so I really would like to start working on those over the next few weeks. These days are zipping by and it's hard to believe that January is almost over.


My sewing room is a mess and I would like to organize it better, including moving a larger work table into the room. I have our old dining room table and I'm going to see if that works in there.

I also have boxes of pictures sitting around that I brought home from my mom's house and need to find space to display them. I have a box full of my grandmother's writings and genealogy research which I'm going through so I can get a package off to my uncle. My grandmother was in the middle of writing a book and it's fascinating to read the few chapters she had done.

Emily has her own apartment now which is making me feel sad. My baby has permanently moved out - wah!!! However, I'm realizing that means I can actually use her room for other things. I'm going to make it a guest bedroom so need to do something to make it presentable for company.

I need to make curtains (yes, it's been a year since we moved in) for our bedroom and our dining area. I have a ton of fabric that would work. I just need to get it done!

The down time I did have this week was spent in the kitchen.

I made granola.

Spiced rum crinkles.

I had leftover pork and made pork lo mein tonight. Lots of veggies and only took about 20 minutes to make.

Cinnamon Meringues. I love meringues because it satisfies the sweet tooth I get without packing in the calories.



I also got some sewing done though not as much as I would have liked to do.



The only other thing I need to do is make some soap. We used our last bar of my goat's milk soap about a year ago and my husband has been pestering me to make some more. I found 2 unused bars of my soap at my mom's which I brought home and I forgot how much better I like it than store bought. So that is on my priority list as well.


Lots to do! I'm looking forward to having a friend for coffee tomorrow morning and then spending the day getting started on some of this list.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live