Snapshots of January













They say time flies when you are having fun and while things haven't felt fun lately, time has definitely flown. It's hard to believe that it's already January 18th. This month sped by and has been a full one. A trip to North Carolina to clean out a house. Meals, ministry, business, and family.

Two friends from our previous church passed away and Dan will be officiating at the funeral of one of them this week. We've had weekends full of football (ugh) as well as celebrating my father-in-law's birthday with him.

There have been meetings and housework and coffee with a friend. I've had good days and bad days. The depression and anxiety struggle is a challenge and there have been days when I want to stay in bed all day long. And yet, there are things that need to get done so I don't give in to feelings.

I'm thoroughly sick and tired of Covid, politics, and opinions. I'm thoroughly delighted with some books I'm reading and podcasts I've listened to while cooking or driving. 

It's been a month of going down memory lane and a month of making new memories. A month of trying to come up with new and creative ways of doing while staying grounded in the unchanging Word.

Winter is hard for me and the unending dreariness and weather get to me after a while. This year is difficult as I struggle with my own grief and feeling isolated with a continuing pandemic. I miss sunshine. I miss people. I miss normalcy.

But I continue to press on as we all do. January is a long, long month but I do know that in just a few months the sun will shine brighter and longer, warmer temperatures will come, and things will bloom again.

Comments

  1. I miss normalcy too Terri. I'm not sure what normal will look like when it comes back. Life will have changed, surely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind I would like to know some of the books you are reading
    I too am struggling with the isolation
    We have not been going to church and watch it online.
    The last two Sundays they have not had church because someone was exposed.
    That is all we know
    We have not seen anyone,to the market and home.
    I pray this ends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.