Seize the Day!


I'm longing for sunshine and warm temperatures, hiking in the woods, and getting out in nature. However, we are in a deep, snowy freeze here so I'm settling for baking and sewing and connecting with people via the internet. 

I had a few personal goals this year which included sewing one item per day, reading a few books a month, and writing one card per day. I'm ahead in the sewing department and short in the other two. However, I am thankful that I've been doing a better job with sending out little notes of encouragement than I have in years past.

This week there was a flurry of cookie baking since we have a Valentine's luncheon for the ladies in our church next Sunday. I also gave my father-in-law a cookie of the month birthday gift so while I was at it, I made his February cookies. They are in the freezer and awaiting our next visit to him. 


My daughter gave me a nifty pastry embosser for my birthday which I tested out. The only problem I had was that I didn't press hard enough so when the cookies rose a bit in the oven all of the pretty embossing disappeared unless you squint really hard! lol


I'm enjoying my pasta maker and have mastered the art of homemade pasta. It's really such an easy thing to do and tastes so much better.


Other than answering a few emails, I'm taking a break today from computer work and focusing on cleaning my house. Stephen is coming for the weekend and there are a few projects around here I want to get in order. 

I finally found a spot for all of the pictures I brought home from my mom's house. My uncle's packages were mailed off yesterday so now I can focus on the projects I had wanted to get done this winter. 

One thing I do love about my life is that because I have so many things that I enjoy doing that life is not dull at all. I wake up each morning and for the most part look forward to my day. I'm off to seize the day on this snowy Thursday. Have a wonderful day!


"There is too much life to be lived for you to hit the snooze button. In fact, I believe it's 'seize the day,' not 'snooze the day!' 

~ Hal Elrod


Comments

  1. I would love to try making my own pasta Terri, I'm sure it is better for you and tastes good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty simple and I love the texture of it much better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live