Bobbing Back up to the Surface


I woke up feeling icky this morning and I've felt on the edge of tears. I said to my husband, "When am I going to feel like myself again?"

The reality is that I haven't felt like myself in over a year. I've struggled so much this past year and feel like I'm bobbing in the ocean and being slammed by waves over and over again.

  • I've experienced loss in multiple ways - friends, family, ministry, and all that I hold dear.
  • I've experienced sickness and death.
  • I've experienced extreme loneliness and trying to figure out where I belong.

But as I've reflected on all of these things, one thing pops into mind. That no matter how much I'm slammed by one wave after another and no matter how many times I'm pushed under the water, I bob back up to the surface.

And that's because I have Christ in my life...

  • He is the one that helps me get up out of bed each day.
  • He is the one who gives me the strength to face whatever comes my way.
  • He is the one that gives me value when I feel unloved.
  • He gives me purpose and a reason to move forward even when everything is different.

So while I may never feel like my old self, I know that whatever my new circumstances are, I will be able to handle them because of Christ's love and strength.

Circumstances may change.

Loved ones may leave.

Ministry may look different.

But I can face an uncertain future because He lives!

Comments

  1. Yes Jesus helps me get out of bed every morning.
    We haven't seen our family in over a year(on the west cost) and have not attended church only online.
    The loneliness at times eats away at me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live