All Things Bright & Beautiful

I love the lyrics of an old hymn by Cecil F. Alexander called All Things Bright & Beautiful. The lines of the refrain are also the titles of books by James Herriot who is one of my favorite authors.

This morning I looked up the lyrics of the hymn and the last few lines caught my attention.

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all

He gave us eyes to see them
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty
Who has made all things well

What a fitting hymn for my Multitude Monday post! I love starting off the week being thankful for all my blessings and these posts are a way of letting my "lips" tell how great God is! He has made everything well and I'm amazed at the intricacy of His creation.

I lay in bed for a moment or two this morning, trying to get fully awake, when the trill of a songbird outside my open window caught my attention. It actually brought a smile to my face. That is a wonderful way to wake up!

This week I'm thankful for so many things. I decided to just start listing them on Mondays rather than counting them because to be honest, I've done it so long that I'm losing count! Another good thing.

Here is my list this morning.

~ Enjoyment that comes from flowers and gardening.


~ A beautiful space to contemplate and relax.


~ I rearranged and organized my sewing room this week and I'm thankful for a separate area to create.


~ Emily and her boyfriend went to a wedding this weekend. I'm thankful that she found a young man who treats her well and they love each other. They looked beautiful!


~ Delicious meals made with simple ingredients and a family who likes to eat my cooking.


~ Welcoming 3 new members to church yesterday.


~ The beautiful colors of spring.

~ The fun of getting ready for the summer markets!

and finally....

~ All creatures great and small!


Comments

  1. That was one of my mum's favourite hymns and we sang it at herservice.
    Your home looks lovely, a tranquil place to sit and gaze. Emily is so grown up now, a very beautiful young lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe she will be 22 on Sunday. She was 8 when I started this blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live