In the Morning When I Rise

The sun was shining through my front windows this morning and lit up my kitchen with this patch of light. I was reminded of the song called, Give Me Jesus. One of the verses says, In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus. That's how I feel each day. He is the daily sustenance that I need. He is the light that sees me through each day.

The past few months have been rough for me, but this past week has been one in which I felt the veil lifting. As I prepared for our missions conference, interacted with our missionaries and our congregation each day, I felt like my old self. I felt energetic and I felt joyful. I caught myself singing to myself. I smiled more. I slept better. And it was wonderful!

This week is a slower one and I'm looking forward to seeing what each new day will bring. I'm anticipating a multitude of blessings.

This week I'm thankful for the following:

~ A wonderful missions conference.


~ Perseverance in trying new things. My first pan of Bosnian baklava became a soggy mess. So I tried it again and this time it was perfect. 


~ My daughter graduated from college on Saturday. It was a virtual event, but we got to at least watch it with her.



~ Delicate spring flowers.


~ Our accountant called last night and we owe a very hefty amount of money this year. But I am thankful that we've been able to save enough to cover it this year. It still was a blow, but not a devastating one!

~ Stephen got sideswiped on the highway and I'm thankful that there was minimal damage to his car and that he was not injured.

~ I'm thankful for a beautiful place to walk.


~ Nathan got his second Covid vaccine the other day and was pretty sick for about two days, but I'm thankful he is back to normal. I get my second one on Wednesday and hoping my reaction is minimal.

and finally...

~ I'm thankful for renewed energy and encouragement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live