When the Road is Long and You Want to Give Up

 

Sometimes this road we are traveling along can just seem unending.  You get up each morning and place your two feet on the floor and have a moment when all you want to do is put them back in bed, pull the covers up over your head and never get up.  Life is hard, struggles are real and you want to give in to the emotions and run away.  You say, "I never asked for this situation."  "I don't want these circumstances."  "God, what are you thinking?"  "Don't you care about me?"  It's all too easy to become like a toddler and throw a first-class temper tantrum.

Yet, we can either take the things that come our way and make the decision to keep trudging forward, even though the road may be long or full of puddles and mud or we can choose to give up.  We either decide to keep trusting God and follow Him even when we can't see what's around the bend, or we turn around and say, "This is too hard and I didn't ask for this." 

If we make the choice to keep moving forward, there are those things that come our way that will encourage us.  There are glimmers of hope when we can see where the road is taking us or why it went a particular direction.  Those moments of clarity will encourage us to put one foot in front of the other and continue to move in the direction God has for us.



There are days when I want to say, "Forget this."  "It's not worth it."  But then I remember to put my eyes back on the One who is leading and keep moving forward. 
As I take my eyes off the potholes and mud puddles and start looking around for the beauty along the road, I find joy in the journey. I find the reason to get up and move forward each day. 

So even though the road is long and may be difficult, remember to keep moving forward one step at a time. You are never walking it alone.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm thankful that God used my words to encourage, Barbara. Love to you!

      Delete
  2. We have had three financial setbacks in the last month. A sinkhole at our foundation at the back of our home which the home insurance says is caused by "earth movement", not covered by our home insurance! Approx three thousand dollars worth of materials for us, plus paying a helper for my DH to repair damage. Then our water bill came in, almost double what it should be, I called our city hall water department. Person said oh yes that's much too much of a bill, you must have a LEAK somewhere. So yesterday was spent checking water meter for movement, no movement when nothing running, maybe its toilets. Those 2 toilets are being checked today. I am hoping it's a simple thing to fix, but we have to pay the water bill. Third, tax bill is due because I am self employed. Money I set aside for taxes is being used for sink hole repair and we are still in the middle of sink home repair and costs. Now I need a payment plan for IRS which will also include a fee for payment plan plus interest and penalties because it's not paid in full. My husband is retired due to surviving stage 4 cancer and is struggling a lot physically to repair sink hole damage. We cant afford to pay other people. Our divorced daughter and 2 grandchildren live with us, grandson is special needs so daughter can only work part time, he has a lot of appointments. So we also really help support them. It's a lot right now, but I pray every day for God to give my husband strength, to get us thru this time in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry that you are bearing such a burden right now. I will be praying that the Lord provides all you need above and beyond what you even expect. Thank you for sharing a bit so I know how to pray. Praying that you sense His presence even as you are walking through this!

      Delete
  3. Just what I needed to hear this evening. Thank you, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m thankful that God is using this post to encourage others!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live