All Natural Bathroom Cleaner


About 5 years ago I made both lemon and orange extract. It required lemon peels and orange peels and vodka. I made a jar of each and then never used it, because I discovered I don't bake anything that requires those extracts. If I am making something with lemons or oranges, I prefer to use the zest and fresh juice.

Fast forward to this week. I was cleaning out some things and came across these two jars. I didn't really want to waste them by tossing them. Then I had a thought. 

I use a lot of natural cleaners because they are cheaper and also don't use a lot of harsh chemicals. However, when it comes to the bathroom I tend to stick with commercial cleaners because well.....bathrooms are gross! But the problem with store bought cleaners is they are harsh and bother the eczema on my hands even when I wear gloves.

I know alcohol is a natural disinfectant so I decided to make a bathroom cleaner out of these. I strained out the peels and put the extract in a spray bottle. Then I filled it the rest of the way with water (so 50% extract and 50% water) and added a couple of squirts of dish soap.

So far it has worked great! It evaporates quickly because of the alcohol, smells wonderful and not only gets things clean, but disinfects as well.

There you have it! All natural bathroom cleaner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live