Multitude Monday











Yesterday was one of the best Sundays I've had in a long time. It was a day full of friends, fellowship and family. We had company over for lunch after church and enjoyed that immensely. Later, Dan and I took the long scenic route to go to dinner with his siblings and their spouses. We spent 2 1/2 hours chatting and laughing while we sat on a deck overlooking the lake. 

The clouds were spectacular and we enjoyed the view all the way home. 

 

As I lay my head on my pillow last night, I reflected a bit and realize what made the day so good for me was being able to fellowship with other people. Much of the time I feel pretty isolated so it was nice to feed my soul with being in the presence of others. 

I realize that I need to make more of an effort to have people over on a regular basis. I love entertaining and when I do it, I find joy.

We came out of the restaurant last night and were standing and talking when the skies opened up and the rain came pouring down for about 3 minutes. Then it stopped and the most beautiful rainbow appeared in the sky.

It was a wonderful benediction for our Sunday! 

Today is the day I look back and list the things I'm thankful about for the week. It was a difficult week as we are continuing to deal with the headache of theft and trying to get our bank accounts sorted out. So I'm mostly thankful for such a good end to my week, but I also have some other blessings that came my way.

💓 I'm thankful that our bank provisionally credited back the amounts that were taken out of our accounts. Right now we have no access to our money because something got messed up and they froze all our accounts, but at least we have money in there! I'm hoping it gets sorted out today.

💓 Hearing and seeing the testimony of a friend whom God has pulled out of a life of drugs and mess and how He is working in her life. Being able to deliver a basket of goodies to her from our church.

💓 Finishing up some major things on my to-do list, including a mailing to our district churches for an upcoming women's retreat in the fall.

💓 Helping friends from another part of the state by picking up their teenage daughter for church and feeding her. She's in our area for a dance program this summer and they were concerned about her. 

💓 My new book is doing well on Amazon and I'm thankful for those who have purchased it or shared about it.

💓 A zoom meeting with my sister and her husband and our stepfather's daughter to catch up. He turned 90 this week and is in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. He is in good shape physically, despite having covid at the moment. It was nice to chat with them all.

💓 The blessing of my stepfather's life. He is the sweetest man and I'm so thankful that I have been blessed to know him.

💓 I wasn't sure what we were going to do about going out with our family last night since we have no access to any of our money. We have had this planned for a while and decided we were going to take a wait and see attitude rather than cancel. Yesterday in church someone came up to me and gave me some money. She said she wanted to bless us and she certainly did!

💓 Dan came home happy from a men's prayer breakfast at church. He said 12 guys showed up which is terrific!

and finally....

💓 This wonderful start to my Monday.


Comments

  1. I think I must have missed reading about the theft from your accounts, awful for you. I am sorry and hope it is all put right soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Yes, my wallet was stolen last weekend and the cards were all charged. The bank is sorting it out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live