End of the Year Musings

 

Good morning, my blogging friends! We had a wonderful Christmas even though it was a bit on the crazy side with Christmas falling on the weekend. When you are in ministry it's not just a family day, but also a work day. But it really was a good Christmas weekend. 

It is so hard to believe that Sunday is January 1st. This year flew by! I still need to figure out what some of my goals are for the new year. I am pleased to say that many of the ones I set for this past year have been accomplished.

Dan and I headed out on Tuesday afternoon to go help my son move out of his apartment into a new one. He is a much better situation as he is now living by himself. We could noticeably see the difference in his countenance and mood. He has struggled for the past three years and I'm thankful that he is in his own place.

However, Dan and I were wiped out by the time we made the 4 hour trip back home late Wednesday afternoon. We were so thankful for the beautiful sunset that we drove into for a good part of the trip. 

We still have two family events this weekend. Tonight we are getting together with Dan's parents and some of his siblings for dinner out. Sunday, my daughter is coming for the day and we will be celebrating Christmas and the new year with her and Ryan. Stephen will be back home for the day as well.

I've made some changes to my website, including the title of this blog to match up with the website. If you are using heartinservice.blogspot.com that will get your here as well as the other domain, encouragementforadiscouragedworld.com. There is way to get to both by clicking on any of the links at the top of the blog (home, about, blog, speaking, or books).

I'm not sure I'll have time to post before Sunday so wanted to hop on here and wish you all a wonderful New Year! May God bless each one of you in 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live