Multitude Monday


I love Christmas and everything about the holidays. I've been busy making cookies for gifts for our neighbors and others. The biggest problem is the constant sampling of the cookies so I'll be happy when they are out of the house!

I love the lights which make everything feel festive.


I've made some family favorites as well to have for our own celebration. 



But it hasn't all been good. Nathan got sick last week and after a home Covid test was positive he went to the doctor which confirmed it. Dan tested positive on Saturday morning and so far I'm negative and hoping it stays that way. 

That put a damper on our weekend and we missed our church's Christmas banquet yesterday. I'm thankful for the gentleman who delivered three meals to us. That was wonderful as it meant I didn't have to cook yesterday!


It's hard not to feel down when things don't go according to plan. However, yesterday when I was starting to have a pity-party I was reminded that all of the trappings of the holiday are meaningless. What makes the holiday special is not the traditions, but how I reach out to those around me.

What makes Christmas worth celebrating is the remembrance of what the Lord did for us by becoming incarnate. That is the only reason we can wake up each day with joy in our hearts.


That helps me when I feel depressed or alone. That gives me courage when I feel overwhelmed. When I feel like nothing I do makes one hill of beans difference to anyone in this world, I remember that because of God's precious gifts what I do for Him really does matter.

My joy doesn't come from my circumstances. It doesn't come from celebrating tradition. It doesn't come from my family having it all together. And I don't have to lose my joy because things are going the way I planned. 

Joy comes because God loved us enough to provide a way to Him. And because He reached out to us we can get up each day, put our two feet on the floor and walk forward in confidence that He will see us through whatever we are facing. His gift gives me a confidence and a hope that He will work in different situations.

That's the reason for joy this season and that's a reason to be thankful on this Monday morning.

Comments

  1. Amen to that, Terri.
    But I am sorry that you have some sickies at your house right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live