Happy Hump Day


When I was working a full-time job, Wednesday was known as hump day as it began the descent to the weekend. It was a day when the count down began towards the days when I could focus on my home. 

Now each day is pretty much the same in the sense of being able to pick and choose what I want to do each day. Today is Wednesday and it feels like I fit an entire week into two days!

I tried my hand at homemade mozzarella and it turned out perfectly! I used it in lasagna and it was delcious. 


I went to the flower shop and picked up flowers so I can finally start on my yard for the summer season. I hadn't been on my back patio all winter and when I went out on Monday this is what I discovered. The nest was empty so I'm not sure if mama bird hadn't laid her eggs yet or if the babies had already flown away. I did take the nest down and moved it onto some shelving I have. It makes a natural decoration!



I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen the past two days. One of the things I made was some Italian bread. 


I also made a New York cheesecake with a blueberry-plum topping. Delicious!


I'm trying to pace myself with the gardening because my back starts screeching if I overdo it. Monday I got the pots all planted out. Yesterday, I was able to plant and mulch in my circular bed. Hopefully, this afternoon, I can finish up along the front walk. I bought marigolds for the beds because we have pesky deer who come through and love to munch the tops off most of my flowers. These they don't seem to like. 


I've been loving my homemade yogurt in the morning. It's a bit thinner than store bought because I don't take the time to strain out the whey, but I like it. 

I work part-time at our church and love being able to get some things organized there. 


I hosted a dinner last night for any of the women in our church who were able to come. We had a smaller group (there were 7 of us), but it was such a fun time. I love having people over and Dan was away and Nathan was at work, so it was a perfect time to have a houseful of women!

This morning I'm off to visit my in-laws and bring them dinner and some breakfast food. I've been trying to bring them a few meals at least once a week to tide them over for a few days. 

I'm so thankful for the flexibility in my schedule to be able to do things like this. As I lay in bed last night and reflected back over the day, I was reminded of how thankful I am for this life I've been given. And that's a great way to start off this "hump day!"



Comments

  1. I do admire your commitment Terri, you are really a 'non stop' lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....After I got back from delivering my inlaws meals to them today I plunked myself down in a recliner and have been sitting here for the past 2 hours!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.