A Knothole Peek


“The best we can hope for in this life is a knothole peek at the shining realities ahead. Yet a glimpse is enough. It’s enough to convince our hearts that whatever sufferings and sorrow currently assail us aren’t worthy of comparison to that which waits over the horizon.”
— Joni Eareckson Tada

I am thankful for the truth of those words. Life can be quite difficult and sometimes it just seems as if much of what we go through is a waste. However, I do believe that God uses all things to accomplish His purpose in our lives. Nothing is wasted in His kingdom.


I am thankful for those momentary glimpses we receive. A flash of clarity on how something is being used to help me grow or encourage another. Or at times it is an affirmation that  our work is making a difference to others. 


That glimpse keeps me moving forward each day. It also reminds me to take time from the busyness of my life and focus on what really matters. 


Our time on this earth is temporary and we don't want to waste it focusing on trivial things. Let's direct our attention to what will have an eternal impact. The temporary - success, achievement, importance, money, and status - all clamor for our attention. Yet, those things will slip away and are fleeting. It's often the quiet and unnoticed things that have the greatest lasting impact for God's kingdom.

That knothole peek is the reminder we need to keep our attention where it should be. The peek should encourage, inspire and motivate us to keep my focus where it should be. 

I'm thankful for those daily glimpses.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live