Tidying my Temple - End of September Update

My life was so busy this past month and I realized yesterday that I didn't do my monthly recap of my weight loss journey. I was quite certain that after being away for a week and out of my normal environment that I would have stayed the same or at least, gained a pound or two.

However, I got on the scale yesterday morning and have lost another 6 lbs. for a total of 36 since the beginning of July. I don't really notice it so much, but someone took this picture of me at church last night and I can really see the difference in my face. 


My clothes are fitting looser and I feel so much better. My doctor told me I no longer need the blood pressure medicine which is amazing and makes me very happy.

I think a challenge this winter is going to be continuing to move and exercise. Right now the only thing I'm doing is walking and hiking and the winters here are not conducive to that. Also as I continue to lose weight, I know I need to start doing some toning exercises to tighten up the loose skin! And can I just say loose skin is a giant, "Eeewww!"

I'm thrilled with this whole plant-based, whole food journey. I've been continuing to experiment and trying my hand at making some new dishes. There are so many recipes out there but I'm committed to sticking with real foods and even in the plant-based world there are so many processed foods and desserts that still rely on all-purpose flour and natural sugars. 

About a month ago I decided that dinner would be my last meal until breakfast so I haven't been eating after 6 p.m. and that has also helped in this whole journey.

I'm continuing to plug away and am averaging about a 2 lb. per week weight loss and am happy with that. I still have a way to go, but am very encouraged by my progress so far. 


Comments

  1. Terri, you look amazing! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are losing so much weight, Terri. I always thought you were pretty but you are even prettier now! Keep up the good work!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Terri…. you look so good! It is definitely very evident of the loss of weight that you have had in your face.😁… what an encouragement to me this is as it comes at a time when I have visited it in revisited, eating plant-based and realize that I have to make this decision based on my bodies need not on everyone else’s opinions about things☺️ I have eaten pretty much plant-based in the past, but always slipped back into the meat because of pressure from others… I’m not saying I’m going to just illuminate meat per se at first… I’m going to be very prayerful about what I do, but I know that I have to I have experienced some medical issues and have not had the best medical support or advice, so Jesus is my dependence, and I will walk this out and be an Overcomer, because he has made me an Overcomer through his bloodshed… Thank you for the encouragement that you were sharing with us all in the testimony of your walk with Christ that is so open and honest and refreshing! God continue to bless you to health and wholeness!🙏🏾💝….Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live